Your clothes speak louder than you when it comes to reflecting your personality. While keeping up with the latest fashion trends is important, the basic rules of dressing never change. Often, when it comes to men’s clothing, we conclude not having much choice or being relatively easy. But dressing crisp and charming does not require a whole wardrobe of varying choices. Instead, it’s all about keeping some basic styling tips in mind. This way you can look dapper and well-dressed, anywhere anytime. So, here are six important points to keep in mind that will help you style well.
1. Always pick the right fit: The most beautiful aspect of humans is how wonderfully different they are. Our bodies are similar yet so different. Each of us has different features we need to emphasize and different cuts and styles that help us do that. Hence, the best styling tip for men is to always start from the right fit. Whether it is a charming suit or a simple t-shirt, always try to get the best fit for your body type. Even the most expensive of clothing will look dull if it doesn’t fit well. Try to get most of your clothes tailored, especially suits to ensure they embrace your body well. The fit should feel comfortable but not too tight.
2. Don’t run away from experimenting with colors: Another important way to stay at par with fashion trends and look stylish is to explore color palettes. In most cases, men stick to neutral colors such as grey, blue, white, red, and black. They restrict themselves to dark shades, whether it comes to formal or casual wear. But experimenting with versatile color palettes all around the year can be the best thing you can do to look to the point every time. Colors such as yellow, mustard, green, and soft shades of pink, blue can create amazing outfits. If you feel like adding them to your basic outfit is too much then slowly include them through one garment at a time. Your wardrobe should be a mixture of colors that suits you as well as stay at par with the latest fashion.
3. Your casuals need some work too: Men tend to have a lazy attitude toward picking casual wear. They try to mix and match anything in the wardrobe without paying attention to it. But casual wear is, in fact, the one fun place to experiment all you like. So apart from the staples, like a solid colored t-shirt, jeans, a simple shirt, polo neck t-shirts, try to work around some new pieces. You can try chinos, tapered fits, a formal jacket, ripped jeans, prints, and patterns. You can try creating casual undertones in your outlook to loop dapper. Collared shirts, semi-formal trousers, denim, or leather jackets are some elements you can use to create both formal and casual look. So try to pick good ones to experiment with them. Just make sure you keep the pieces basic but style them differently to look dashing.
4. Focus on the complete outfit and not on the pieces: More often than expected fashion failures among men is because of matching the pieces wrong. Even the best shirt you love in your wardrobe would look dull if not matched properly. The elements you pick to wear should blend well together to create a classy look. So instead of pooling your energy on only picking the right elements, focus on bringing a good look when put together. Don’t mix too many colors or styles in one outfit, or it will look too disturbing. Try to add one classy piece to every outfit to give the rest of the pieces a good base to stand out.
5. Some rules are meant to be broken: When it comes to fashion, you can’t always follow a rule book to look good. Customization is the best way to create a good look. It all depends upon how it looks on you which cannot fit in one general rule book. So, be bold to try some new combinations and don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Fashion trends can inspire you. But you don’t always have to go by what they say. Learn from them and try to create your personalized style. Start from the basics and grow up to customizing your closet. This will help you build a strong and unique style sense for yourself.
6. Invest in some important accessories: One of the biggest fashion fails that men often meet with is not focusing enough on accessories. Simple ones such as a watch, belt, shoes play a key role in creating a good look. So instead of simply picking the first one you spot, put some thought into investing in good style and quality. For example, picking a watch is art. The styles, the cut, the dial everything has to match your style, personality, and outfit to look good. The same goes for shoes. Invest in good brands and styles that you can wear with multiple outfits. Choose the right size and always buy common colors that go with the basic palette of your wardrobe. Clean them regularly and make sure you do not wear them looking dirty or worn out. These accessories can create a good impression about your looks and pull the outfit well together. So, ensure they are in place to look sharp and clean.
Try to include personalized and unique elements like beaded bracelets for men that give a classy and stylish look.
The most important tip to look fabulous is to wear everything with confidence. This attitude will reflect in your body to pull off anything you wear. So keep these styling tips in mind to create the perfect outfit every day.